Designed with an App-based concept
In the past a NAS was a network device that protected and ensured data security by providing storage and backup. It was primarily targeted to and used by business users. However, due to the increasing digitization of data and the continual development of computers and mobile devices, the needs for storage are no longer just limited to businesses. A variety of different consumer segments are beginning to have increasing digital storage needs. In response to this, ASUSTOR has utilized a new and innovative non-traditional design concept to create a new generation of network storage devices. ASUSTOR is the first to create NAS products that are designed with an App-based concept, producing a versatile, flexible and customizable storage platform that has something to offer to all types of users. Users are free to create a unique and customized device according to their needs. In addition to the core storage features, ASUSTOR NAS offers an immense range of add-on functionality allowing users to discover the unlimited possibilities of NAS.
Advantages of an App-based design concept:
- Ability to upgrade the firmware and installed Apps separately. Official firmware upgrades optimize the system’s core functions and performance while individual upgrades for installed Apps improve user experiences.
- Flexibility to only install Apps that are needed and to remove them at any time. No more worrying about unused Apps taking up system resources or affecting the operation of core functions.
- Provides users with more freedom to only install the Apps that they need.
- Open platform enables enthusiasts to develop more applications benefiting all users.
HDMI 2.0 output
ASUSTOR is the first in the NAS industry to incorporate HDMI local display output. This allows users to flexibly and easily create a home multimedia hub while enjoying the core cloud storage applications of NAS. ASUSTOR’s exclusive ASUSTOR Portal App expands HDMI functionality by bringing together multiple HDMI applications including the ADM management interface, Google Chrome Web browser, XBMC multimedia player and Surveillance Center. This enables users to play multimedia stored on their NAS, browse the Internet and monitor surveillance feeds on their TVs or monitors without having to use a computer. Users effectively get the added value of a computer, media player and NVR surveillance system for free with their NAS. Furthermore, ASUSTOR’s Surveillance Center provides 4 free camera channel licenses, which is more than the industry standard. An ASUSTOR NAS allows users to save money, power and space by providing the functionality of many devices in one compact package.
Why choose a ASUSTOR NAS?
ASUSTOR NAS not only provides basic NAS functionality but also includes a variety of unique and innovative features that are sure to give you a more enjoyable NAS experience.
- Searchlight: Fuzzy searches of files and functions on the NAS.
- Sign In Page: Customizable page style, background and image.
- 2-way Backup: Flexible active and passive backup.
- Mission Mode: Ensure the completion of backup jobs by configuring the time interval or number of attempts.
- FTP Explorer: Connect to other NAS devices or FTP sites from within ADM to transfer files. Resuming downloads is also supported.
- Cloud Connect: Free DDNS service providing convenient remote access.
- ASUSTOR Portal: HDMI TV App that integrates ADM, Chrome Web browser surveillance feeds and more.
- Instant wake from System Sleep Mode S3: An industry first, quickly put the system into sleep mode and wake it back up in only 1.5 seconds.
- Night Mode: Turns of LED indicators so as not to disturb users during the night.
- Local Display for Surveillance Feeds: Provides 4 free camera channels that can be viewed via HDMI on a TV.
- Dr. ASUSTOR: Performs general checkups on all your settings and provides appropriate recommendations.
- Mobile Apps: 8 different mobile apps for convenient NAS access while on the go. AiMaster provides exclusive initialization function allowing you to set up your NAS without a computer.