HPE MSA 1050 SAN Storage
The HPE MSA 1050 SAN Storage brings affordable flash storage down to ever lower customer segments. The MSA 1050 is designed to meet entry-level storage requirements and budgetary constraints. With the lowest storage array price points in the HPE Storage portfolio and field-proven ProLiant compatibility, the MSA 1050 is the platform of choice for smaller SAS, iSCSI and FC deployments. The HPE MSA 1050 features 8Gb Fibre Channel, 12 Gb SAS, and 1GbE and 10GbE iSCSI at previously unattainable entry price points.
The array allows users to take advantage of the latest storage technologies in simple and efficient ways by providing a good balance between performance and budget resulting in a highly favorable $/GB return on their investment. HPE MSA Storage has been the industry-leading entry storage Fibre Channel platform for the past eight years, with nearly 500,000 storage systems sold worldwide.
Starting at under $5,500* USD, the MSA 1050 provides affordable application acceleration. It’s seriously simple and affordable flashready storage to help you get the most performance for the lowest cost.
• Configurations starting at $5,500 (USD)
Factory-configured, dual controller array with 4 host ports of either 8Gb FC, 1GbE, 10GbE or 12Gb SAS protocols
Small Form Factor (SFF) or Large Form Factor (LFF) models available
• Simple, proven Gen10 ProLiant compatible shared storage
MSA continues its heritage of providing affordable, easy to use shared storage without a big learning curve
Intuitive setup and management for ProLiant administrators.
New look-and-feel will fit right in with your Gen10 ProLiant servers
• Access to MSA 1050 advanced data services with simplified licensing approach
Leverage flash storage with easy to use, easy to maintain tiering and read cache technologies
No storage expertise necessary, system dynamically responds to workload changes, so you don’t have to
• Expandable and upgradable to meet new demands
Add new HDDs or disk expansions to your MSA 1050
Upgrade system to the MSA 2050 through data-in-place upgrade: a simple 15 minute upgrade!
No time-consuming migrations required
All MSA 1050 models offer a common set of valuable features:
• MSA 1050 storage system architecture maximizes performance
- Includes SFF or LFF array chassis, depending on model
- Two FC, iSCSI or SAS controllers, depending on model
- Two host ports per controller
- Each controller supports 8 Gb FC, 1GbE iSCSI, 10GbE iSCSI or 12Gb SAS host connectivity, depending on model
- 6 GB cache per controller. (4GB Read/Write plus 2GB System)
- Battery-free cache backup with super capacitors and compact flash
• Storage Management Utility (SMU). The MSA management GUI brings a new modern look and feel to array management.
• Thin Provisioning allows storage allocation of physical storage resources only once they are consumed by an application.
Thin Provisioning also allows over-provisioning of physical storage pool resources allowing ease of growth for volumes
without predicting storage capacity upfront.
• All models feature a wide variety of drives: High-performance SSD drives, enterprise-class SAS, and SAS Midline drives.
• The MSA 1050 will support a maximum of 3 expansion disk enclosures (either LFF and/or SFF). Add-on enclosures can
either be HPE MSA 2050 LFF Disk Enclosure or HPE MSA 2050 SFF Disk Enclosure.
• The MSA 1050 can grow incrementally to a maximum of 48 LFF, 96 SFF drives, or a combination of SFF and LFF drives.
• Virtual Storage Disks Groups can be spanned across multiple enclosures.
• Virtual Storage RAID levels supported: 1, 5, 6, 10.
• RAID 0 supported for Read Cache only. SSD read cache is a feature that extends the MSA controller cache. Read cache is
most effective for workloads that are high in random reads A maximum of 2 SSDs per pool can be added for read cache
• Maximum hard drive counts vary by RAID levels: 2 drive max for RAID level 1; max of 16 drives for RAID levels 5, 6, and 10.
• Multiple Disk Groups can be aggregated into a single storage pool.
• Storage pools allow data on a given LUN to span across all drives in a pool. When capacity is added to a system, the user is
also getting a performance benefit of the additional spindles.
• The maximum LUN size is 140TB (128TiB)
• Snapshot enhancements for virtual storage, including performance improvements, hierarchical snapshots, and simplified
resource management. Administrators can monitor and optionally control snapshot space usage.
• Prioritize data by assigning appropriate affinity level (Performance, No Affinity or Archive)
• Customers can configure 512 TiB capacity per virtual pool by enabling large pool support.
• Non-disruptive on-line controller code upgrade. Requires Multi-pathing software.
• Upgradable by design. Owners of an MSA 1040 array are able to do data-in-place upgrades to the new MSA 1050 array.
This unique ability protects the earlier investments in drives, and JBODs.
• Certain limitations are applicable. Please review the Upgrading to the HPE MSA 1050/2050/2052 Whitepaper before
upgrading your MSA 1040, 2040 or 2042 systems.
| Stock code || SBRhp1050-Q1J06A|
| Brand || HPE|
| Series || Storage MSA 1050/2050|
| Model || Q1J06A|
| Type || Expansion Enclosure for 12x 3.5" LFF Drives|
| ROHS || Y|
| Date added || 13/08/2018|
Q1J06A Spec Information
| Platter size || 3.5"|
| External drive ? || |
| Guarantee || 1yr+HPE|
| Redundant PSU ? || |
| Total Drives || 12|
| Rack size || 2|
HPE Storage MSA 1050 Q2R21A Chassis with Dual 12Gb SAS Controllers - for 24x 2.5" SFF Drives |
HPE Storage MSA 2050 Q1J28A Chassis with Dual SAS Controllers - for 12x 3.5" LFF Drives |
HPE StoreEasy 1560 NAS Q2R97A 8x 3.5" Bays, Tower, WSS2016, 4x SATA HDD 16TB 7200rpm |
HPE Storage MSA 2050 Q1J79A Chassis with Dual SAN Controllers - for 12x 3.5" LFF Drives - DC power |
HPE Storage MSA 2050 Q1J32A Chassis with Dual SAS Controllers - for 24x 2.5" SFF Drives - DC power NEBS |
Why People Choose Us?
14 Day Return Guarantee
If you change your mind, you can return all or part of your order.
Next Day Delivery
Order before 4pm*, and in-stock products will be with you the next day. (Or Saturday. Or even Same Day).
Wherever you are in the world, we can get your order to you at high speed.
SpanStor Build & Test
Our free service helps you choose the right NAS and Drives, then makes sure it is built & ready to use as soon as you get it.
Professional Live Support
We are here to assist you - before, during and after your purchase, by phone, email or live chat.