HPE MSA 2050 SAN Storage
The flash-ready HPE MSA 2050 SAN Storage system is designed for affordable application acceleration that is ideal for small and remote office deployments. But do not let the low cost fool you. The HPE MSA 2050 SAN Storage system gives you the combination of simplicity, flexibility to grow now and into the future, and advanced features you may not expect to find in an entry-priced array. Start small and scale as needed with any combination of solid state disks (SSD), high-performance enterprise, or lower-cost midline SAS-based drives.
HPE MSA Storage has been the industry-leading entry storage Fibre Channel platform for the past eight years, with nearly 500,000 storage systems sold worldwide. Now the HPE MSA 2050 SAN Storage system delivers 2x higher performance  than the previous generation at the same price, delivering in excess of 200,000 IOPS starting at under $10,000 USD for affordable application acceleration. It’s seriously simple and affordable flash-ready storage to help you get the most performance for the lowest cost.
· 200,000+ IOPS starting at under $10K for affordable application acceleration
Flexible base model delivers 2x IOPS performance than the previous generation MSA for the same price.
· Advanced data services with no experience required
Easy to install, easy to use, easy to maintain—no storage expertise necessary
Automated tiering dynamically responds to workload changes, so you don’t have to
· Keep your business running with expanded data protection features
New virtualized snapshot technology makes data protection and instant recovery a snap
Remote replication with FC and iSCSI supports affordable disaster recovery
· Grow flexibly now and into the future
Data-in-place upgrades protect drive investments and eliminate data migrations
Start small and scale as needed with any combination of SSD, Enterprise or Midline SAS drives
HPE MSA 2050 SAN StorageArrayAccess TypeBlockForm Factor2U, SFF or LFFNumber of controllers per array2Number of host ports per array8FC host connectivity8/16GbiSCSI host connectivity1Gb or 10GbSAS host connectivity6Gb or 12GbCache, per arrayMax Read cache per array8TBData (read/write) cache + system memory per array16GBPool Capacity (with Large Pool Support)562 TB (512 TiB)RAID Levels supported: Virtual modeRAID 0*,1, 5, 6, 10NOTE:*Read Cache OnlyEnclosures Expansion Drive Enclosures0-7 enclosuresLFF/SFF array/enclosure mixingSupportedMaximum number of drives per array enclosure24 SFF/12 LFFMaximum number of drives per drive enclosure24 SFF/12 LFFDrive enclosure interface type6Gb SASDrives Maximum total HDDs per array192 SFF / 96 LFFMaximum total SSDs per array192 SFF / 96 LFFMax raw capacity per array enclosure76.8 TB SFF / 168TB LFFMax raw capacity per drive enclosure76.8 TB SFF / 168TB LFFMax raw capacity per array614.4TB SFF / 1344TB LFFDrive Capacities SFF SSDs800GB, 960GB, 1.6TB, 1.92TB, 3.2TBLFF SSDs800GB, 960GB, 1.92TBSFF HDDs15K: 600GB, 900GB10K: 600GB, 1.2TB, 1.8TB, 2.4TBLFF HDDs7.2K: 4TB, 6TB, 8TB, 10TB, 12TB, 14TBSEDsSSDs: 800GB, 1.6TBSFF 10K HDD: 1.2TBLFF 7.2K HDD: 4TBSoftware Features Thin TechnologiesThin Provisioning, Space Reclamation, Thin RebuildTieringPerformance Tier, Standard Tier, Archive TierReplicationSnapshots (512), Volume Copy, Remote SnapsQuality of ServiceVirtual Tier AffinityAdditional Features Maximum number of volumes512Maximum number of snapshots512Maximum number of hosts512Maximum number of initiators1024Customer self-installableYesCustomer self-repairableYesCustomer self-upgradeableYesFile ServicesYes with HPE Storage File Controller
All MSA 2050 models offer a common set of valuable features:
· MSA 2050 storage system architecture maximizes performance
Includes SFF or LFF array chassis, depending on model
Two MSA SAS or SAS controllers, depending on model
Four host ports per controller
Each SAN controller supports 8 Gb FC, 16 Gb FC, 1GbE iSCSI or 10GbE iSCSI. host connectivity
Each SAS controller supports 12Gb SAS host connectivity
8 GB cache per controller.
Battery-free cache backup with super capacitors and compact flash
· MSA 2050 SAN controller allows customers to create their own Combo Controller by mixing FC and iSCSI SFPs. Below are the valid configurations for mixing SFPs:
The HPE MSA 2050 SAN Storage is the ideal solution for customers running Oracle, Microsoft, SAP environments and those customers who are deploying virtual server technologies like VMware and Hyper-V. The MSA 2050 delivers enterprise functionality that enhances virtual environments, simplifies management, and reduces costs. Easy to deploy, scale and maintain, HPE MSA 2050 Arrays ensure that crucial business data remains available.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise has developed best-in-class expertise in Oracle, Microsoft, SAP, and Virtualization Hypervisor technology through extensive testing with the HPE MSA 2050, HPE servers, and management software; high availability and disaster recovery solutions; and backup and recovery on the Oracle, Microsoft, and SAP application platforms.
· Storage Management Utility V3 (SMU). The MSA management GUI brings a new modern look and feel to array management.
· Thin Provisioning allows storage allocation of physical storage resources only once they are consumed by an application. Thin Provisioning also allows over-provisioning of physical storage pool resources allowing ease of growth for volumes without predicting storage capacity upfront.
· All models feature a wide variety of drives: High-performance SSD drives, enterprise-class SAS, and SAS Midline drives.
· The MSA 2050 will support a maximum of 7 disk enclosures (either LFF and/or SFF). Add-on enclosures can either be HPE MSA 2050 LFF Disk Enclosure or HPE MSA 2050 SFF Disk Enclosure.
· The MSA 2050 can grow incrementally to a maximum of 96 LFF, 192 SFF drives, or a combination of SFF and LFF enclosures up to the maximum of 8 total enclosures.
· Virtual Storage Disks Groups can be spanned across multiple enclosures.
· Virtual Storage RAID levels supported: 1, 5, 6, 10.
· RAID 0 supported for Read Cache only. SSD read cache is a feature that extends the MSA controller cache. Read cache is most effective for workloads that are high in random reads A maximum of 2 SSDs per pool can be added for read cache.
· Maximum hard drive counts vary by RAID levels: 2 drive max for RAID level 1; max of 16 drives for RAID levels 5, 6, and 10.
· Multiple Disk Groups can be aggregated into a single Storage Pool.
· Storage Pools allow data on a given LUN to span across all drives in a pool. When capacity is added to a system, the user is also getting a performance benefit of the additional spindles.
· The maximum LUN size is 140TB (128TiB)
· Snapshot enhancements for virtual storage, including performance improvements, hierarchical snapshots, and simplified resource management. Administrators can monitor and optionally control snapshot space usage.
· Prioritize data by assigning appropriate affinity level (Performance, No Affinity or Archive)
· Customers can configure 512 TiB capacity per virtual pool by enabling large pool support.
· Non-disruptive on-line controller code upgrade. Requires Multi-pathing software.
· Upgradable by design. Owners of an MSA 2040, MSA 2042 and MSA 1040 array are able to do data-in-place upgrades to the new MSA 2050 array. This unique ability protects the earlier investments in drives, and JBODs.
Certain limitations are applicable. Please review the Upgrading to the HPE MSA 1050/2050/2052 Technical Whitepaper before upgrading your MSA 2040, MSA 2042 or MSA 1040 systems
| Stock code || SBRhp2050-Q1J04A|
| Brand || HPE|
| Series || Storage MSA 2050|
| Model || Q1J04A|
| Type || Chassis with Dual SAN Controllers - for 24x 2.5" SFF Drives - DC power NEBS|
| ROHS || Y|
| Date added || 13/08/2018|
Q1J04A Spec Information
| Platter size || 3.5"|
| External drive ? || |
| Guarantee || 1yr+HPE|
| Redundant PSU ? || |
| Total Drives || 12|
| Rack size || 2|