Unbranded null 24TB (6 X 4TB Samsung SSD 860 EVO)
|features||In short, the DS619slim can do EVERYTHING that the bigger flagship NAS can do. It can support the very latest version of Synology DSM 6.2 (ver. 7 Soon)and with the exception of SSD M.2 media support, gives you more internal storage and equal power to that of the DS918+, DS1019+ and DS718+ - VERY impressive indeed for a NAS family (slim) that has till now been a very modest specification line of devices.|
|value||Although the DS619slim is noticeably more expensive than the DS416slim that came out 2 years ago, you are getting so MUCH storage and power in such a small compact chassis. Once you break this down, you do find that the price tag is actually better than the DS918+ and DS1019+. If you are looking for the most powerful Synology NAS that has the lowest footprint on your environment (in all respects), then the DS619slim is definitely the NAS for you!|
|performance||With internal hardware specifications that can be compared with the DS718+ and DS918+, yo uare going to see some excellent internal speeds. This means that options such as virtualization, Plex Media Server, Business level CRM and CMS systems and 4K transcoding are more than possible with this device. The DS619slim gives you all the advantages of bigger NAS, but with the tiny|
|design||The Synology DS619slim is one of my favourite looking NAS solutions that they have ever produced. It is more than just the fact that it is smaller enough to fit in my hand - it is that they have taken the design of the DS918+ and the DS1618+ And made a teeny tiny version. The fact it is designed it 2.5" media size in mind means that noise and heat will be very low and to have this kind of storage, at this scale and with such a small footprint is always pleasing.|
|features||Despite all the high-end internal hardware (and not too appear ungrateful), it is a shame there is no NVMe SSD or 10Gbe option. I know this would undermine the slim nature of the device a bit, but all that internal power could really take advantage of it. Also, no expansion option of connecting a DX517.|
|value||As good as I think the DS619slim NAS is, in a pinch, I would recommend the DS918+ and DS1019+ for those that are buying for power, over storage and silence. Still a Good NAS. Just a shame about the lack of 10Gbe/PCIe option.|
|performance||Once again, the lack of 10Gbe or link aggregation beyond 2 ports will limit any user looking at SSD inside the DS619slim. |
|design||The fact it cannot support 15mm height drives is a little disappointing given that most 2.5" HDD above 3TB at this height - it marginally limits overall long-term capacity.|
The Unbranded null 24TB is good enclosure. This Unbranded null is backed with Unbranded’s limited warranty.
Out of the box this NAS can handle 6 x 2.5" hard drives / SSDs, giving it a maximum capacity of 120TB
via 20TB drives.
- Pre-populated with 24TB of storage capacity (includes 6x 4TB Samsung SSD 860 EVO HDD)
- RAID Levels: 0/1/5/(6)
- Arrives with warranty for enclosure and 5yr warranty for hard drives
Includes Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s Hard Drives
Combining Unbranded null and 6 Samsung hard disks will provide you with a solid, long term Storage solution.
Vital Statistics (per drive)
- Model Number: MZ-76E4T0B/EU
- Rotation: SSDRPM
- Interface: 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s
- Form factor: 2.5 inch
- Capacity: 4TB
- Cache: MB
- Warranty: 5yr
Back of the Unbranded null box (the connections)
Free Unbranded null SpanStor Build & Test
You can have JBOD,RAID 0,RAID 1,RAID 5,RAID 6,RAID 10 set up on Unbranded null . We offer our completely free and highly recommended SpanStor build service for your Unbranded 6-bay enclosure.
We ensure that your Unbranded box and Samsung drives are in perfect working order before we send it out, at no additional cost. Depending on the nature and complexity of the setup you request, this can take from a few minutes to a few hours, all done here at SPAN, thereby saving you time and money.
Possible RAID options for your Unbranded 6-bay box are explained below.
Unbranded null RAID options
Choose your RAID here ->
Spanstor Build And Test
- JBOD- is a cost-effective network storage solution. If you have a lot of temporarily data to store, JBODs are an economical solution. Mind that the data is not critical or you have an effective backup scheme in place.
JBOD is either a single or number of disks which are grouped together and presented to the Operating System as a single volume, called 'Spanning'. If you lose a single disk in the JBOD then you possibly will lose data, as the concept of a JBOD does not include not fault tolerance.
- RAID 0 is ideal for non-critical storage of data that have to be read/written at a high speed, such as on a video editing station or an image retouching. RAID 0 offers great performance, both in read and write operations. All storage capacity is used, there is no overhead.
- RAID 1 (mirrored drive) is ideal for critical storage, like accounting systems. It is also suitable for small servers in which only two data drives will be used (disc mirroring). It offers excellent read speed and a write-speed that is comparable to that of a single drive. In case a drive fails, data do not have to be rebuild, they just have to be copied to the replacement drive (mirroring hdd
). It can be used as back up mirror.
- RAID 5 combines efficient storage with excellent security and decent performance. It is ideal for file and application servers that have a limited number of data drives. Very fast read data transactions while write data transactions are bit slower. In case if drive fails, you still have access to all data, even while the failed drive is being replaced and system rebuilds the data on the new drive.
- RAID 6 combines efficient storage with excellent security and decent performance. Similar to RAID 5, read data transactions are very fast. Two drives can fail and you still have access to all data, even while the failed drives are being replaced. It makes it more secure.
- RAID 10 combines pros and cons of RAID 0 and RAID 1 in one single system. If one drive fails, the rebuild time is very fast because data being copied from the surviving mirror to a new drive.
If you buy this Unbranded null and hard drives we do free build and test for the unit and hard drives. So you can use this device straight out of the box. All free of charge in null price.
Same Day and Next Day Delivery available in UK and fast WorldWide delivery for products in stock.
FREE Business Quotes available for products with specific requirements or quantities. Often cheaper than Amazon.
Unbranded null null RAM / Card upgrade options