TVS-1282 High-performance NAS: tiered storage, application-based partitioning and network traffic distribution
The TVS-1282 features advanced hardware by adopting 6th Generation Intel® 14nm multi-core processors and was designed around the concept of tiered storage, application-based partitioning and network traffic distribution. Featuring PCIe Gen.3 slots that can support 10GbE/40GbE NIC, PCIe NVMe SSD, graphics cards, and USB 3.1 expansion cards, the TVS-1282 also supports smooth 4K 60 fps video transfer and display, cross-platform file sharing, comprehensive backup and disaster recovery, iSCSI & virtualization and more business applications. Incorporating reliability and security, the TVS-1282 presents an ideal choice for a complete business-ready storage solution.
Built-in M.2 SATA 6Gb/s slots & 2.5” SSD slots
Qtier technology and SSD cache enable 24/7 optimized storage efficiency
The Network & Virtual Switch app assists network traffic distribution, and re-routes dedicated bandwidth for diverse applications
Triple HDMI output (including one HDMI 2.0) for smooth 4K video playback
Scalable design with economical QNAP storage expansion enclosures
Virtual JBOD (VJBOD) allows to use QNAP NAS to expand the TVS-1282’s storage capacity
Supports QPulse™ unified remote server management, QvPC technology, virtual machine and container applications, and storage for virtualization
The advanced hardware design of TVS-882 can facilitate optimized storage deployment based on different usage scenarios.
QNAP’s Qtier Technology empowers the TVS-882 with Auto Tiering that helps continuously optimize storage efficiency across PCIe NVMe SSD, M.2 SSD, SSD and SATA drives. With Auto Tiering, the TVS-882 can automatically move frequently-used "hot" data to high-performance storage tiers and less-accessed "cold" data to lower-cost, higher-capacity drives, making the TVS-882 an extremely efficient shared resource. Businesses will no longer have to invest heavily in expensive Flash technology, but can still enjoy exceptional application performance and cost efficiency from Auto Tiering with the TVS-882.
6th Generation Intel® processors, extraordinary performance The TVS-1282 is powered by high-performance 6th Generation Intel® multi-core processors with options including Core™ i3, Core™ i5, and Core™ i7, increasing system performance by 20% - 30% compared with previous generations. It greatly enhances the efficiency of CPU-demanding applications such as virtualization, real-time 4K video playback, and serving large numbers of simultaneous connections.
Advanced hardware for greater efficiency High-performance hardware, well-designed application functionalities and thoroughly-planned usage scenarios are three distinctive cornerstones for achieving optimum performance.
1. 4 x 2.5” SSD slots Offers flexible configuration in tiered storage and enables cache acceleration.
2. Tool-less HDD tray and installation 2.5” SSD trays and 3.5” hard drive trays feature tool-less design for easy installation and replacement.
3. 2 x built-in M.2 SSD slots Supports SATA M.2 SSDs with 2242, 2260, 2280, and 22110 form factors; allows the greatest flexibility in tiered storage configuration and enables cache acceleration.
4. DDR4 2133 MHz memory Supports four DDR4 memory modules for a maximum of 32GB RAM.
5. 6th Generation Intel® Core™ Processor Features the latest 14nm manufacturing technology with faster buses to support DDR4, PCIe Gen.3, and DMI 3.0 for incredible performance and extremely efficient data transmission.
6. 3 x PCIe Gen.3 expansion slots PCIe Gen.3 provides 1GB/s bandwidth per lane; support for 10GbE/ 40GbE adapters, PCIe NVMe SSD, external graphics cards (AMD Radeon™ R7/ R9), and USB 3.1 expansion cards.
7. 4 x Gigabit Ethernet ports Allows optimized network traffic distribution for diverse applications. The Network & Virtual Switch app makes network management much easier.
8. 3 x HDMI outputs One HDMI 2.0 port and two HDMI 1.4b ports; supports duplicated and extended desktop options. HDMI 2.0 increases bandwidth up to 18Gbps, and supports 4K 60 fps videos.
9. Compartmentalized smart cooling Separately detects the CPU and hard drive temperatures to dynamically control fan speed and performs quieter fan operations.
10. 3.5mm audio jack Connect speakers or headphones for direct audio output from the NAS.
11. 2 x built-in speakers Supports direct audio output and provides verbal system warnings.
QNAP’s full NAS encryption by volume-based technology effectively ensures data security by encrypting all of the files stored in the default shared folders. Besides AES-NI 256-bit encryption for both volumes and shared folders,it also provides numerous security options, such as encrypted access, IP blocking, 2-step verification, and more.